Bracknell Forest Community Report 2014
Posted: Dec 5, 2014
In 2011 local Conservatives presented residents with a manifesto. In it we promised we would improve residents’ quality of life and maintain and enhance our local communities. We all know the tight times we have been through, and still face. I felt it is important before all the election hype next year to let you know what we have delivered over the last 3 1/2 years against those promises.
We have made difficult decisions. We have cut services in some areas and sought as far as possible to avoid total closure by contracting out a service or seeking a contribution from users or working with partners.
Each day this month we will post an achievement on our website and let you see what we have done to meet those promises listed below and in some cases exceed them.
Local Conservatives promised residents:
- Tight control of your money and low Council Tax.
- Focus on front line services.
- Bracknell Town Regeneration and economic sustainability.
- High quality social care for older and vulnerable residents.
- Good schools and young peoples’ services.
- A strong local plan.
- A safe place to live.
- A healthy place to live.
- An excellent environment, leisure facilities and open spaces.
We are not bragging. We believe we have delivered on our promises locally and it is important to let you know what local Conservatives have done for you since the last election. The quality of life we enjoy here is good because where the council is involved, it’s driven by strong local Conservative values and local policies. We hope that everyone who voted for us last time will see that their vote was properly valued and well used. We invite you to tell us what you think and what you feel we should commit to in our next local election manifesto. Please take the opportunity to respond.
Thank you for your support.
Conservative Leader, Bracknell Forest Council
- Town Centre regeneration is well underway
- No rise in Council Tax for the last 4 years
- Balanced budgets for the last 16 years
- We now have a HealthSpace and Urgent Care Cenre
- We now have a strong local plan to protect our communities from random development
A copy of our full Community Report will also be delivered directly to every home in Bracknell Forest.
Community Report 2014:
Each day this month we will post an achievement on our website and let you see what we have done to meet those promises we made to you at the last local elections. We invite you to tell us what you think and what you feel we should commit to in our next local election manifesto. Please take the opportunity to respond.
NEXT/PREVIOUS:Community Report 2014: Maintaining the high standards in the future «
Autumn Statement 2014 »