Resident Survey: Residents enjoy living in Bracknell Forest
Posted: Mar 5, 2015
Bracknell Forest residents agree the borough is a great place to live; they get on well with their neighbours. They are satisfied with the way the council runs things and can influence decisions, says the latest residents’ survey.
More than 1,800 people from across Bracknell Forest were asked about life in the borough and what they thought about Bracknell Forest Council. This year’s survey was specifically designed to make sure residents from a balanced range of ages and backgrounds took part.
The results show:
- 94% of respondents said that people from different backgrounds get on well together here.
- 87% of respondents are satisfied with the area as a place to live.
- 65 per cent of people are satisfied with the way the council runs things; an increase of 15% since 2009.
The results also show the number of people who believe the council offers value for money has increased to 59%. In 2012 it was 55% and in 2009 it was 35%.
Residents were asked to list their favourite three things about living in the borough. They said;
- the borough’s parks and countryside,
- access to nature and
- sports and leisure facilities.
Bracknell Forest was ranked 16th best place to live in the UK in the Halifax annual quality of life survey 2014, which was released Dec 2014.
NEXT/PREVIOUS:Delivering more with less «
Super Saturday with Phillip Lee (MP) »